W3C Advice 11 2008 december
Please make reference to the errata because of this document, which might include normative corrections.
This document can also be obtainable in non-normative platforms, available from Alternate Versions of site content Accessibility tips 2.0.
Copyright © 2008 W3C ® (MIT , ERCIM , Keio), All Rights Reserved. W3C obligation, document and trademark usage rules use.
Site content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) 2.0 covers a range that is wide of to make site content more available. After these tips is likely to make content available to a wider array of individuals with disabilities, including loss of sight and low eyesight, deafness and hearing loss, learning disabilities, intellectual limits, limited movement, message disabilities, photosensitivity and combinations among these. After these tips may also often make your internet content more usable to users generally speaking.
WCAG 2.0 success requirements are written as testable statements which are not technology-specific. Guidance about satisfying the success criteria in specific technologies, along with basic details about interpreting the success requirements, is provided in split documents. See site content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) Overview for the introduction and links to WCAG technical and material that is educational.
WCAG 2.0 succeeds site content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 WCAG10, that was posted as a W3C advice May 1999. Even though it can be done to conform either to WCAG 1.0 or even to WCAG 2.0 (or both), the W3C suggests that brand new and updated content use WCAG 2.0. The W3C also recommends that internet accessibility policies guide WCAG 2.0.
Reputation with this Document
This part defines the status of the document during the time of its book. Other papers may supersede this document. A listing of present W3C magazines as well as the revision that is latest with this technical report are located in the W3C technical reports index at http://www.w3.org/TR/.
This is actually the content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 W3C Recommendation from the net information Accessibility recommendations performing Group.
This document happens to be evaluated by W3C Members, by computer pc computer software designers, and also by other W3C groups and interested events, and it is endorsed by the Director as a W3C Recommendation. It’s a stable document and can be used as guide product or cited from another document. W3C’s part for making the advice would be to draw awareness of the specification also to market its extensive implementation. This improves the interoperability and functionality associated with the online.
WCAG 2.0 is sustained by the linked non-normative papers, Understanding WCAG 2.0 and approaches for WCAG 2.0. Although those papers would not have the status that is formal WCAG 2.0 it self has, they offer information vital that you understanding and implementing WCAG.
The Working Group requests that any commentary be produced making use of the provided comment form that is online. Should this be extremely hard, remarks can be sent to also firstname.lastname@example.org. The archives for the general public responses list are publicly available. Reviews received regarding the WCAG 2.0 Recommendation cannot result in modifications to the type of the rules, but can be addressed in errata or future variations of WCAG. The performing Group will not intend to make responses that are formal remarks. Archives for the WCAG WG subscriber list discussions are publicly available, and work that is future because of the performing Group may deal with commentary received with this document.
This document happens to be produced included in the W3C internet Accessibility Initiative (WAI). The objectives for the WCAG performing Group are talked about pay for essay into the WCAG performing Group charter. The WCAG performing Group is a component associated with the WAI Technical Activity.
This document ended up being made by an organization running underneath the 5 2004 W3C Patent Policy february. W3C maintains a general public set of any patent disclosures built in connection with all the deliverables associated with the team; that web page comes with directions for disclosing a patent. Somebody who has real familiarity with a patent that the individual believes contains Essential Claim(s) must reveal the information and knowledge according to area 6 for the W3C Patent Policy.
dining dining Table of articles
- WCAG 2.0 Levels of Guidance
- WCAG 2.0 Supporting Papers
- Essential Terms in WCAG 2.0
- WCAG 2.0 Instructions
- 1 Perceivable
- 1.1 Provide text choices for any non-text content to make certain that it could be turned into other designs individuals require, such as for instance big print, braille, speech, symbols or simpler language.
- 1.2 offer options for time-based news.
- 1.3 content that is create could be presented in numerous means (for example simpler design) without losing information or framework.
- 1.4 allow it to be easier for users to see and hear content including foreground that is separating back ground.
- 2 Operable
- 2.1 Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- 2.2 offer users time that is enough read and employ content.
- 2.3 usually do not design content in a real means this is certainly recognized to cause seizures.
- 2.4 Provide methods to help users navigate, find content, and figure out where they truly are.
- 3 Understandable
- 3.1 Make text content readable and understandable.
- 3.2 Make website pages look and run in predictable means.
- 3.3 Assistance users avoid and correct mistakes.
- 4 Robust
- 4.1 Maximize compatibility with present and future individual agents, including assistive technologies.
- 1 Perceivable
- Conformance Demands
- Conformance Claims (Optional)
- Statement of Partial Conformance – Alternative Party Content
- Statement of Partial Conformance – Language
- Appendix A: Glossary (Normative)
- Appendix B: Acknowledgments
- Appendix C: Recommendations